- This event has passed.
Webinar on “Enabling Technologies and Requirements for Future Rail Transport Vertical”, 14 July 2021
July 14, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm CEST
NetworldEurope Webinar Series
Webinar on “Enabling Technologies and Requirements for Future Rail Transport Vertical”
14 July, 2021 (Wednesday) 09:30-12:40 Central European Summer Time
Rationale and objectives
Across the world, rail transport is undergoing something of a renaissance, with demand propelled by a number of converging trends. Digital evolution, climate change, increasing demand, rapid urbanization etc etc. These mega-trends all have major implications for the future shape of rail, pulling it in new directions. One essential trend is digital transformation that is visibly marked by the emergence of the concept Railway 4.0 and Digital Railway.
Given that the rail industry has its own specific requirements for optimally customized service delivery, the ICT technologies, such as 5G/B5G/6G communication systems will need to provide tailor-made solutions for future rail against the “one size fits all anywhere, anytime” approach of current systems. Therefore, it is of importance to provide a platform where both the rail and the communications industries can meet and converge.
The aim of this webinar is to take a first steps in this direction by bringing together experts from both sectors together. They will discuss paradigm shift and roadmaps towards new approaches, future communication, and related technologies such as AI and Cloud as enablers of a rail industry that is ready to meet tomorrow’s expectations and challenges, including sustainability and full digitalization of the rail transport sector. All Welcome!
Prof. Maziar Nekovee, Co-Chair NetworldEurope, WG Enabling Technologies for Future Vertical Ecosystem Transformation, University of Sussex, UK
Prof. Zhangdui Zhong, NetworldEurope, WG Enabling Technologies for Future Vertical Ecosystem Transformation (lead on Rail Vertical), Chair of Wireless Silk Road Initiative, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Rui L Aguiar, Chair of Steering Board, NetworldEurope
Bo Ai, Dean of School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University, Deputy Managing Director of State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety
Armando Carrillo Zanuy, Secretary General of EUropean rail Research Network of Excellence (EURNEX)
Ke Guan NetworldEurope, Working Group Enabling Technologies for Future Vertical Ecosystem Transformation, Deputy Director of Key Laboratory of Railway Industry of Broadband Mobile Information, Beijing Jiaotong University
- Armando Carrillo Zanuy, Secretary General of European rail Research Network of Excellence (EURNEX)
- Xinhui Wang, Head of Standards and Industrial Relations, Vice President of ZTE Corporation
- Daijun Zhang, General Manager of Samsung Research China – Beijing
- Aitor Arriola (Coordinator of Safe4RAIL-2 project), Ikerlan, Spain
- Jyrki Huskuo, Co-Chair of NetworldEurope Expert Group
- Markus Rupp (IEEE Fellow), Dean of Institute of Communications, Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien)
- Bo Ai, Dean of School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Deputy Managing Director of State Key Laboratory of Rail Traffic Control and Safety, Beijing Jiaotong University
- Zhengrong Lai, Chief Scientist of Guangdong Communications & Networks Institute (GCNI)
See the video recording here